Acer Aspire 5 Widows 11 audio problems

Louis62
Louis62 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

I recently purchased an Aspire 5 with windows 11 to replace my smart phone for teaching on line piano lessons. The computer's mic will pick up my voice fine but other sounds such as my piano,hands clapping, etc. are intermittent at best or garbled or not audible. I've tried using a web cam with the same results. Has anyone else run into this problem or have any suggestions? I'm desperate at this point. If I can't figure this out I'll have to get a different computer.

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

You may also have background noise suppression turned on, Go to the same Microphone array properties settings. Click on the Advanced tab. Uncheck the box for enabling audio enhancements. In some cases, there might be other audio enhancements. Disable them too.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    1. Right click sound icon in tray
    2. Click open sound settting
    3. Click sound control panel in right pane
    4. Click recording tab
    5. Right click microphone array
    6. Click properties
    7. Click Level tab
    8. Move sliders to maximum volume.

Jack E/NJ

• Louis62

Tinkerer

Thank you for your suggestion.I don't think it's a volume level problem and I may have already tried this but I will let you know if it works.

• JackE
    Answer ✓

You may also have background noise suppression turned on, Go to the same Microphone array properties settings. Click on the Advanced tab. Uncheck the box for enabling audio enhancements. In some cases, there might be other audio enhancements. Disable them too.

Jack E/NJ

• Louis62

Tinkerer

"Background noise suppression" was the first suggestion I got that made sense with regards to the problems I seemed to be having. Although, when I went through the Windows "sound troubleshooting" process they did suggest disabling sound enhancements. I had tried that...or so I thought. As per your suggestion I went back and disabled sound enhancement. However, when I clicked out of that screen I noticed the switch was still on. So I made sure it was off and...problem solved! If anyone else is having similar sound issues double check that that switch is really off. Thanks again for all your help.

• JackE

Congratulations. Thanks for reporting back. 🙂

Jack E/NJ