Bluetooth missing, hidden in device manager Acer Swift 3 SF314-56G

Acesaito
Acesaito Member Posts: 3 New User
edited August 2022 in Swift and Spin Series

My bluetooth suddenly disappeared from my Acer Swift 3 SF314-56G (CPU: i5-8265U, GPU: Nvidia MX250, RAM: 8GB) and its showing under "hidden devices" on Device manager.

I've tried:

1. Downloading and installing the bluetooth Driver on Acer's website. Didn't work.
  2. Downloading and installing device support assistant from intel and getting drivers there. Didn't work.
  3. Downloading and installing bluetooth driver standalone from intel. Didn't work.

Any ideas how to fix this? Thank you.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,227 Overclocked Contributor WiFi Icon

Reset BIOS or UEFI to default settings.

1. Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds, or until your system shuts completely down.
    2. Power on the system. As soon as the first logo screen appears, immediately press F2 in intervals to enter the BIOS.
    3. Press F9 and then Enter to load the default configuration.
    4. Press F10 and then Enter to save and exit.

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • kirmgrauza
    kirmgrauza Member Posts: 99 Fixer WiFi Icon

If you have internet connection through Ethernet adapter, try pressing Fn+F2 buttons on your keyboard few times. It should physically re-enable your connection adapters.

• ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677

Hi @Acesaito

You can try to install the bluetooth drivers from the below link.

Hope it will help you in some way.

• Acesaito

Thank you for all the suggestions.

Reset BIOS to default settings, didn't work.

Downloaded the driver from the site with my SNID and installed the driver then restarted, didn't work.

Tried to press FN+F2 and turned on Airplane mode on and off, didn't work.

Tried resetting the battery and checking if bluetooth is ok, didn't work.

Reinstalling windows seems extreme and most of my settings and work is old. I don't think this'll fix it anyway as well.

May I please request any other solutions?

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,227 Overclocked Contributor WiFi Icon
    edited August 2022

Maybe it helps to open the machine, remove the bluetooth adapter and delete the driver. Then reinstall the adapter, search for new hardware and reinstall the driver. It could also be that the adapter has a hardware defect, so that only a new one works properly.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,815 Trailblazer

Does the WiFi work well, or is it also flaky? Both functions are on the same card, so usually if it's a hardware issue with the card they both act up. Since it's showing under hidden devices that points to the underlying USB port that connects the Bluetooth hardware to the motherboard may be having issues. Sometimes doing as wascas suggests will clean the contacts a bit to recover from some slight corrosion. You can also see it with corrupted USB drivers so check in Device Manager to see if any USB hosts are acting up.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Acesaito

Thanks for the insight billsey, the Wi-Fi works well, I'm using it right now to post this and web pages load fine. I checked device manager and there was a device under USB controller that had the "!" mark sign:

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,815 Trailblazer

That's it... Try deleting that entry then reboot and see if it's recognized when it reinstalls the drivers.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.