RAM Upgrade: Aspire 3 a315-34-c7cg

Seaton
Seaton Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hi. I'm in Australia (not sure if that makes any difference at all) and recently bought an Aspire 3 a315-34-c7cg.

I wanted to upgrade the RAM and I thought that this should be compatible: https://www.amazon.com.au/Patriot-Memory-Signature-SODIMM-Frequency/dp/B074Q1KZZL/

When I have installed it the machine would not boot up. Have I got the wrong RAM? Or is the stick I have received a dud?

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

8GB DDR4 2400MHz sodimm should work. You might first want to try gently rubbing the gold colored sodimm contacts with a soft cloth moistened rubbing alcohol just in case they have oil smudges or contaminants on them. Then re-seat it a few times in the RAM socket to help clean the socket pins as well. If it still doesn't boot, mainboard production changes are possible. So it's best to run the crucial.com scanner on your particular system to be sure of the minimum speed specs haven't changed.

https://www.crucial.com/

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓

8GB DDR4 2400MHz sodimm should work. You might first want to try gently rubbing the gold colored sodimm contacts with a soft cloth moistened rubbing alcohol just in case they have oil smudges or contaminants on them. Then re-seat it a few times in the RAM socket to help clean the socket pins as well. If it still doesn't boot, mainboard production changes are possible. So it's best to run the crucial.com scanner on your particular system to be sure of the minimum speed specs haven't changed.

https://www.crucial.com/

Jack E/NJ

• I also advise disconnecting the lithium battery before installing the new ram module.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Seaton

Tinkerer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,933 Trailblazer

Have a look at the Crucial suggested upgrade for your A315-54 as you cant just put any DDR4-2400 ram as you have to look at the CAS# Latency (CL) value of the ram that Acer supports and the Crucial Scan suggests all that and the most compatible ram for your laptop.

• Seaton

Tinkerer

Thank you for that advice - I do have a Crucial stick on its way.

• Seaton

Tinkerer

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Seaton

Tinkerer

Thanks again for your help - I got the right RAM the second time and I've learned something.

• JackE

Congratulations. Thanks for reporting back. 🙂

Jack E/NJ