Turbo Boost and C-state transition , HyperthreadingI am currently on a N50-610

Mlb89Mlb89 Member Posts: 1 Newbie
edited August 19 in Acer Software

Hello everyone,

I am looking for some help!

I am currently on a N50-610 , that I use mostly for audio editing on protools

I keep having some clock related issues on playback, so i turned to avid's official article on optimizing pc for windows users.

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/troubleshooting/Windows-10-Guide#hyper_threading

I managed to get everything on the list, except for two : Disable Turbo Boost and C-state transition , Disable Hyperthreading.

Those seem to be adjustable through processor options in BIOS , but after a bit of research I think if I understood well, these options are usually locked or hidden on Acer computers?

I am not even sure if my pc even has these options, and if I do , how do I find and disable them?

I thank you all in advance for any help, I ll take it!

( edited the title to add the model name )

FAQ & Answers

• StevenGenStevenGen ACE Posts: 4,840 Pathfinder

Your N50-610 bios does not have a boost turn off setting in its "Advanced settings in BIOS" look at this forums post on this subject with a Predator laptop How to Disable Intel Turbo Boost on PH315-53? or go to Disabling Intel Turbo Boost as the "Disable Turbo Boost and C-state transition" is an Intel setting that is an embedded and its a part of your desktop.  

As after and the results of this Predator laptops boost was turned off this is what happened "so after I disabled the turbo boost in battery setting i try to play apex legends and i saw the the average frame rate was 40 FPS. so i decided to downgrade the bios to 1.06 and then i used ThrottleStop to disable intel turbo boost. now the average fps playing apex 120/130 and all temps under 70 degrees"