XV273KP Backlight issue

Options
welb
welb Member Posts: 2 New User

I've had my XV273KP for just over 2 yrs, and the backlight has just gone in one section. Initially it was 2 as in the below picture, but now the stripe on the right is the only dim patch. Also, ever since I got the monitor, if I set it to 100% brightness, the screen would flicker on and off.. Any setting between 100 and 70 seems to produce intermittent flickering, but the higher the brightness, the more often it happens.

I'd really appreciate getting this sorted before the warranty runs out. Thanks.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,980 Trailblazer
    Options

Your  XV273KP monitors problems (see the Exploded Diagram below ) has to do with its 'back lights' see items #8 LED BOARD #23-LED BOARD as all LED images are made visible on a screen by LED lights and that is how they work, in your case those LED's are faulty or on their way out hence the problems that you are experiencing.

Also its impossible for a user like you to change and/or fix this problem, I'm not sure that you are aware but this monitor has a 1 year Acer warranty so after 2 years its out of Acer warranty but and if you have extended insurance repair warranty on this monitor? Then I would send this monitor to be repaired or exchanged immediately under the insurance coverer, as back lights are expensive to repair/replace and 99% of times would cost more than a new monitor would cost.

• welb
    welb Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

According to the Australian Acer warranty information, monitors are covered by a 3 year return to base warranty. Is the information on the website incorrect?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,740 Trailblazer
    Options

Warranties are different for each locale, so go with what they say where you are, not what we guess... :)

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.