Predator Ph315-52 helios 300, Keyboard malfunction

Options
Shubham_95
Shubham_95 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited August 2022 in Predator Laptops

Keyboard malfunctions inspite replacing it with a new one as suggested by the acer service centre. Rgb and only the power button works now rest all gone,not a single key works. Touchpad was gone too initially but started working again. Webcam gone.

All started when i was gaming and suddenly a beep and keyboard/ display , went off, was connected to a monitor so i didn't notice till i tried to shut down when i noticed the keys won't work.Took it to Acer service where they fixed the display told something wrong with transistors and asked to replace keyboard which i did, but then the keyboard stopped working when the laptop started heating a bit.

I was told a fault with the I/O controller in the motherboard and that needs to be replaced which is hard to find. I don't believe in this anymore as i have spent way too much replacing and servicing the laptop.

Anyone with some knowledge is appreciated. Struggling from the past 2 months.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,942 Trailblazer
    Options

Btw, there is no official SG Acer listings for keyboards for the PH315-52, so I can't advise you on the Acer OEM top cover/keyboard part number. What I would suggest is for you to open the back cover and take the main battery out first, then disconnect the RCT/bios battery (see captions below) while they are disconnected check if the strip new keyboard cable is plugged fully into the mobo keyboard FFC plug (see caption below) as it seems to me that some of that strip keyboard cable are not connected fully,. as its unusual for a keyboard to have the "RGB /Power Button Key" working and not the keys, as the RGB and Power Key are all related to power which you have but there must be some misconnection of the data pins that the keyboard keys pins relate to, so check all that out.

Also check if the laptop works with an external keyboard attached to the USB as if it does its more likely your new none OEM keyboard that you have fitted as all these eBay etc etc copies of the OEM consumable parts some are faulty and very cheap that come especially from China, which I've had allot of problems with also. Good luck and hope this helps you out.