Predator Orion 3000 i7 1100x with 3070 graphic card

Shandallt
Shandallt Member Posts: 2 New User
Hey guys I have a predator Orion 3000 i7 1100x and my son is wanting to upgrade the ram. We have two sticks of vengeance lpx ddr4 8gb ram sticks we are wanting to add to his existing RAM. Problem is that when we snap these into place into the motherboard the PC shuts itself down when trying to boot up. Then it beeps from the motherboard. What am I doing wrong here? Thanks in advance for any suggestions. 

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Which PO# model do you actually have? I'm guessing one of the PO3-630-xxxx SKUs? I don't know of one that shipped with an X CPU, heck I don't think there is an X version... If yours is a PO3-630 then it doesn't have XMP support so you'll want to make sure you are putting normal memory in instead of the cheaper XMP profile sticks. IIRC you would have 3200MHz memory installed and likely the Vengeance LPX is XMP and it's base speed is 2133MHz, too slow for your MB.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Shandallt
    Shandallt Member Posts: 2 New User

I'm going to check my exact sku. Where would I find this information?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer

Normally the full model number is on the same sticker as your SN.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.