Battery issues on Acer Nitro 5 N20C1

GilzOfTheSea
GilzOfTheSea Member Posts: 7 New User
Hello, I have an Acer Nitro 5 N20C1. When I look at the battery percentage on the windows toolbar and/or on the battery settings it reads 0%. It also doesn't receive a charge and turns off immediately when I unplug it. I'm assuming this is a battery issue, but if anyone else has opinions on what it could be and/or how I could test it, please tell me. If it is a battery Issue which one should I buy to replace it? Acer Nitro 5 n20c1  Thank you so much in advance, I really appreciate it. 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    (1) Search 'cmd' in Windows start menu.
    (2) Right click command prompt near top of menu.
    (3) Click run as administrator.
    (4) Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport' at command prompt.
    (5) Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer.
    (6) Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser.
    (7) Post screenshot of the first part of the report if possible that compares design full charge capacity with its remaining full charge capacity.

Jack E/NJ

• GilzOfTheSea
    edited August 2022
    Hello, JackE I followed the steps as you said and ended up at the screen you sent. I took pictures of the whole thing on accident even though you said you just needed the first page. I don't really know what you said to compare but thank you so much for the help.

• JackE
    Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in left pane. If System Protection is turned on in the box that pops up, click the System Restore button. Click next. Do you see an automatic restore point listed with a date stamp around July 29th?

Jack E/NJ

• GilzOfTheSea
    edited August 2022
    I will do that when I get home, but this battery issue happened when I was away for a few months. Should I restore the last known date of the battery working, I could figure out whet it was.
  • GilzOfTheSea
    I just followed your steps and there are no backups that are before august 11th. I even tried selecting a different restroration.
  • JackE
    >>>this battery issue happened when I was away for a few months>>>

If the machine is no longer under warranty, I think we should try to re-seat the battery pack connector on the mainboard a few times to help clean its contacts. 11 screws and the bottom cover needs to be removed to do this.

Jack E/NJ

• GilzOfTheSea
    edited August 2022

Ok, thank you, sorry I didn't see your message sooner. I will watch a video on how to re-seat it as I have taken the back cover off before to replace the ram and get a new SSD. (The battery was working fine after both of these) Do you recommend any videos in particular?