acer aspire v3-372 replace cmos battery

SilvioTO
SilvioTO Member Posts: 3 New User
Good morning, everyone. I opened my laptop to replace the CMOS battery.
Is it the one I highlighted in red or is it on the other side of the motherboard?
In case it is that one, it seems to be glued. Can I remove it without fear?

Thank you very much,
Silvio.

Best Answer

• RenanVilela
    RenanVilela ACE Posts: 15,003 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    SilvioTO said:
    Hi, good morning.
    Correct, this is the CMOS battery.
    Turn off the notebook and remove it from the socket, and if possible also remove the battery connector.
    After that, carefully pull out the CMOS battery and replace it.
    Very kind RenanVilela, only one precisation: is the battery attached to the metal only with an adhesive or are there screws or anything else I should know not to do damage?

There is no screw in the manual, so it is probably a layer of adhesive.
    Acer Predator Helios 300 Core i7 9750H
    Sodimm DDR4 2666MHz 16 GB Sk Hynx
    Sodimm DDR4 2666MHz 16GB Crucial
    SSD 512GB Sandisk Plus
    SSD M2 Nvme 512GB XPG GAMMIX S11 Lite
    SSD M2 Sata3 128GB WD
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    -->>  Dicas para amenizar a temperatura durante Jogos — Acer Community  <<--
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Se a minha resposta te ajudou, curta o comentário e fortaleça com o Sim se possível!!

Answers

• RenanVilela
    SilvioTO said:
    Good morning, everyone. I opened my laptop to replace the CMOS battery.
    Is it the one I highlighted in red or is it on the other side of the motherboard?
    In case it is that one, it seems to be glued. Can I remove it without fear?

Thank you very much,
    Silvio.

Hi, good morning.
    Turn off the notebook and remove it from the socket, and if possible also remove the battery connector.

SSD 512GB Sandisk Plus
    SSD M2 Sata3 128GB WD

Se a minha resposta te ajudou, curta o comentário e fortaleça com o Sim se possível!!

• SilvioTO
    Hi, good morning.
    Very kind RenanVilela, only one precisation: is the battery attached to the metal only with an adhesive or are there screws or anything else I should know not to do damage?

• RenanVilela
    Answer ✓
    SilvioTO said:
    Hi, good morning.

There is no screw in the manual, so it is probably a layer of adhesive.
    SSD 512GB Sandisk Plus
    SSD M2 Sata3 128GB WD

• SilvioTO
    Yes, I confirm. It is a very hard adhesive. Thanks again.