A problem of DDR4-SODIMM-RAM and an old G3-571

Options
Isieltov
Isieltov Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

edited August 2022 in Predator Laptops
Hello!

So I have an old G3-571 (still running fine minus the bloated battery).
Previously running on an 8 GB (2133 MHZ) + 16 GB (2400 MHZ), I thought to upgrade it to properly utilize dual channel so I bought a couple of Kingston 16 GB (3200 MHZ) ones.
That's where the problems start.

1. Laptop won't boot up (keyboard just lights up + black screen) if using both 3200mhz sticks (doesn't even reach the predator screen for me to enter in the F2 menu).
2. Laptop works fine if using any combination of either 1 of the old stick + 1 of the 3200mhz one.

So as a workaround. I opted to just use the old 16 (2400) in parallel with one of the new 16 (3200) for now.
However since neither of the CAS Latency overlap (as per CPU-Z), it defeats the purpose of me upgrading in the first place.

My question is if anyone has encountered this before and might have a solution to have both 3200mhz sticks run or what might just be the cause.

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    HI  @Isieltov

Please find the memory specification details recommended by Acer for this model. This model supports DIMM Speed with DDR4 2133/2400 and DIMM voltage 1.2V modules.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!  
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited August 2022 Answer ✓
    Options
    HI  @Isieltov

Please find the memory specification details recommended by Acer for this model. This model supports DIMM Speed with DDR4 2133/2400 and DIMM voltage 1.2V modules.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!  
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!