Letter "W" on my keyboard is defective, I pressed it and nothing happened. Is there a way to repair?

Pinoy1234567
Pinoy1234567 Member Posts: 2 New User
Is there a way to repair the button or key? I tried cleaning it but nothing changed. All keys/buttons are OK except for W. Do I need to replace the keyboard?

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,939 Trailblazer
    Is there a way to repair the button or key? I tried cleaning it but nothing changed. All keys/buttons are OK except for W. Do I need to replace the keyboard?
    What is your laptop exact model number? As with keyboards, you can buy certain keyboard parts but you will have to search the web for your exact keyboard otherwise you are out of luck or you might be able to buy a used exact keyboard for very cheap and cheaper than a new replaceable keyboard for parts? As those are your options but and in my experience and if one key is gone its either that its internal mechanics are dirty and needs cleaning with a circuitry spray or if its the actual mechanics is damaged, you either replace the exact parts or its much cheaper to buy a new keyboard and replace the whole keyboard as they are cheap.