ConceptD 7 Exel Pro Display issue when power adapter is unplugged

Options
Odisseo77
Odisseo77 Member Posts: 3 New User
Hello to all!

I am a photographer and videomaker, and few days ago I bought a new ConceptD 7 Exel Pro, which I would use for photo and video editing in mobility (I travel a lot).
I moved to this device coming from an HP Zbook Studio x360 G5, also a 2-1 convertibile laptop, and I'm really satisfied with the improvements in speed and with the ease of use and comfort of the hinge mechanism of the ConceptD, just to mention some positive aspects, among all the others.

However, I noticed that something changes in the images displayed on the screen when I unplug the power adapter, especially with regard to the contrast and perhaps even the detail of the images (it is difficult to catch all the differences, because after unplugging of the power cable, images changes very gradually and slowly), which make impossible for me to edit images in an accurate and professional way (I need to keep display parameters and profile constant through my whole workflow, so it would be good not to see any change in the quality of the image regardless of whether the cable is plugged in or unplugged).

I think this issue is related to some power settings in Windows and/or in the BIOS (at least, I hope so!) and could be maybe fixed in some way, but although I have sifted through the various options and settings of the ConceptD Palette, Windows and Nvidia GPU, I was unable to find any solution so far. Could anyone help me, or at least has anyone noticed the same issue? Otherwise, it becomes impossible for me to perform a good photoediting keeping the power adapter disconnected. I really hope that this is only a setting-based issue, although I must say that it never occurred previoulsy with my HP Zbook, for which I never changed any Windows or any other setting.

Thank you all for any suggestions.
Francesco
[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Best Answer

• Odisseo77
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Sharanji said:
    @Odisseo77

There are several ways to improve brightness levels whilst on battery.
    Try these..the first thing to check is to press the Win Key + i on your keyboard to open Settings.
    Click on System. >Click on Battery on the left hand side menu. >Under Battery Saver Settings, uncheck the box where it says "Lower screen brightness while in battery saver". >See if this resolves your issue.

If you're still having issues:
    In the search box on your Taskbar, type: Edit Power Plan
    Click on "Edit Power plan" in the results.
    Choose the option to "Change advanced power settings". This will open up the Advanced Power Options window.
    Scroll down to the Display option. Expand it by clicking on the + to show the Adaptive Brightness option.
    Choose to turn OFF this feature for both when it’s on battery power and when the computer is plugged in.
    Save the settings by clicking Apply and then OK.

If you find that your screen brightness is still changing by itself, then follow these instructions to turn off the Sensor Monitoring Service:
    To turn off the Sensor Monitoring Service, press Windows Key + R and type services.msc Then press Enter
    In the services window, scroll down to the Sensor Monitoring Service. Right-Click it and then click on Properties.
    Click Stop and where it says Startup type, select Disabled from the drop-down menu.
    Save changes by clicking on Apply and then OK button.
    Reboot your computer.

Let me know if any of these methods work for you.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!  
    Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Hi @Sharanji, thank you so much for your answer!

Actually I found and gave a peek to this:

Screen Issues: Color / Luminosity / Saturation ConceptD 7 Pro. - Page 2 — Acer Community, as it appeared to me a very similar issue.

Then simply accessed the Intel Graphic Command Center and deactivated the Screen Power Saving under System --> Power (see the pic below, it is in italian but I think you should be able to get it anyway) and... BAM! Issue fixed  =)=)=)

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    edited August 2022
    Options
    @Odisseo77

Try these..the first thing to check is to press the Win Key + i on your keyboard to open Settings.
    Click on System. >Click on Battery on the left hand side menu. >Under Battery Saver Settings, uncheck the box where it says "Lower screen brightness while in battery saver". >See if this resolves your issue.

Choose the option to "Change advanced power settings". This will open up the Advanced Power Options window.
    Scroll down to the Display option. Expand it by clicking on the + to show the Adaptive Brightness option.
    Choose to turn OFF this feature for both when it’s on battery power and when the computer is plugged in.

If you find that your screen brightness is still changing by itself, then follow these instructions to turn off the Sensor Monitoring Service:
    To turn off the Sensor Monitoring Service, press Windows Key + R and type services.msc Then press Enter
    In the services window, scroll down to the Sensor Monitoring Service. Right-Click it and then click on Properties.
    Click Stop and where it says Startup type, select Disabled from the drop-down menu.
    Reboot your computer.

• Odisseo77
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Sharanji said:
    @Odisseo77

Reboot your computer.

Hi @Sharanji, thank you so much for your answer!

Actually I found and gave a peek to this:

Screen Issues: Color / Luminosity / Saturation ConceptD 7 Pro. - Page 2 — Acer Community, as it appeared to me a very similar issue.

Then simply accessed the Intel Graphic Command Center and deactivated the Screen Power Saving under System --> Power (see the pic below, it is in italian but I think you should be able to get it anyway) and... BAM! Issue fixed  =)=)=)

• cych0
    cych0 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi I just purchased my Acer Aspire 7 recently and have the same exact problem. The solution is simple!

Go to Settings and search battery and choose battery settings.

We might have different battery settings options but if you find "Energy Recommendations" select it.

Make sure the "Save power by optimizing screen contrast and brightness for the content shown" is turned off.

That is pretty much it for mine. If you have different options just make sure to find energy or battery saver and turn off anything that has to do with screen contrast and brightness. Hope this helped!