Acer Nitro 5 an515-57-716L Keyboard backlight not working after reset

VasishthGVasishthG Member Posts: 6 New User
Hey,
i resetted my laptop and the keyboard light aint workin
help

FAQ & Answers

• JackEJackE ACE Posts: 37,406 Trailblazer
    Try pressing F10 or FN+F10 to light up keyboard.
    Jack E/NJ
  • egydiocoelhoegydiocoelho ACE Posts: 87,541 Trailblazer
    if it doesn't work pressing fn+f10, try pressing just the f10 key.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • VasishthGVasishthG Member Posts: 6 New User
    I tried fn+f10 and f10
    Both are not workin :/
    If you reset it because the backlight wasn't working, then the backlight connector has probably come loose from the mainboard. 11 screws and  bottom cover must be removed to access this connector near the RAM sockets.

Jack E/NJ

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
    The backlight works when the system is booting up 
    Tap F2 key on startup to enter the BIOS menu. Go to MAIN tab and disable keyboard backlight timeout. Press F10 to save settings and exit.

Jack E/NJ
    still doesent seem to work
    it is on till i log in. then its off
    Try uninstalling nitro sense. Then press the fn+f10 keys.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

i did try it
    What operating system is installed? Windows 10 or 11?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

>>>Then press the fn+f10 keys.>>>i did try it >>>

Did you try it with and without FN key? How about F9 with and without FN key?

Jack E/NJ
    f9 and fn+f9 also not working
    >>>The backlight works when the system is booting up  >>>

Please post a phone photo the BIOS Main tab. Also  run Acer Care Center and post a screenshot of its startup screen.
    Jack E/NJ
  • HalfbornHalfborn Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

i encountered a similar problem with the keyboard backlight timeout i disconnected and reconnected the backlight cable and disconnected the battery completely it somehow solved the issue lemme know if it helps....