What is the best graphic card can I put in my Acer Aspire XC-1660G and what 16GB RAM should I get?

SealKitan
SealKitan Member Posts: 4 New User
I was thinking about upgrading my Acer Aspire XC-1660G with 16GB Ram and a graphics card and was wondering what is the best options?

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,777 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    The nvidia gtx-1650 super might be a reasonable GPU card upgrade that  your current power supply should work with. Two ordinary 8GB DDR4 Micron or Crucial RAM DIMM modules with dual channel capability up to 3200MHz speed should work well for 16GB RAM. Or two 16GB modules for 32GB max RAM . Go to crucial.com to run their scanner on your machine for recommendation.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,777 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    The nvidia gtx-1650 super might be a reasonable GPU card upgrade that  your current power supply should work with. Two ordinary 8GB DDR4 Micron or Crucial RAM DIMM modules with dual channel capability up to 3200MHz speed should work well for 16GB RAM. Or two 16GB modules for 32GB max RAM . Go to crucial.com to run their scanner on your machine for recommendation.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    Just watch out for "3200" memory that requires an XMP overclocking profile to match the speed. They will run at their base speed instead since your system doesn't support XMP. The base speed on those sticks are often 2133MHz or 2400MHz, and your whole system would slow down to that.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.