Desktop switching to stand by mode Aspire XC-895

AndySimms
AndySimms Member Posts: 3 New User
Hi - my Aspire XC-895 keeps switching to standby mode without any warning.  Thoughts on what might be causing this as only 2 years old.

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    How do you have your power settings configured? Which OS are you running? Does it wake OK after the switch?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • AndySimms
    Thanks for coming back to me.  Power settings haven't been changed and runs Windows 11.

The machine switches on and all seems fine.  When I try to log on, the machine seems to run for a minute or two, then switches off.  The monitor goes blank and the tower goes to the power button blinking.

Any thoughts?
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    I'd get rid of all virus checker except MS System virus. Run CCLEANER main and clean the registry too. Also run Maleware Byte, eliminate all devices plugged in to the unit. Look at your task manager and see if any thing strange is running. 
    You may also disable all of your start up entries for test. 
    Run hard drive diagnostic. 
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Also you may want to unplug the unit, remove the bios battery and let sit a hour or overnight if possible ?

• AndySimms
    Thank you for your comments and much appreciated.  Lots to think about and try!
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    Take a look at the power settings, assuming you can keep moving the mouse long enough. The slow blink on the power button means it's in sleep mode, so it's likely switching to sleep mode with something like 1 minute of inactivity. If it were a laptop it could be triggering sleep mode due to low battery, but that doesn't happen on a desktop.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.