Acer Nitro XV240YP lost signal

Options
sam28my
sam28my Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Just bought the Acer Nitro XV240YP everything was fine but after 10 to 15 minutes it lost signal. I have to reboot the PC to get back the signal. Again after 10 to 15 minutes it lost signal again. I tried to update all drivers but still to no avail. My GPU is GTX1650 Super and it was running fine with my previous HP monitor (60Hz). Appreciate if anybody has any clue and how to solve it.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,530 Trailblazer
    Options
    Please test HP monitor again to see if PC is OK after 10 to 15 mins.

Jack E/NJ

• sam28my

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    Please test HP monitor again to see if PC is OK after 10 to 15 mins.
    Re-tested the HP monitor and it's fine no signal lost
  • JackE
    Options
    Is this laptop 1650S?

Jack E/NJ

• sam28my

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    Is this laptop 1650S?
    No it's not laptop it's Asus Phoenix 1650S card. Anyway, the problem has gone away without me doing anything. Seems like it doesn't occur anymore so far. Fingers crossed. 
  • JackE
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Thanks for  reporting back, if it happens again, try re-seating the card a few times to help clean the card & mainboard contacts. Common during hot & humid weather.

Jack E/NJ

• sam28my

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    Thanks for  reporting back, if it happens again, try re-seating the card a few times to help clean the card & mainboard contacts. Common during hot & humid weather.
    Will do but it's weird that it never happen to my HP monitor
  • JackE
    Options
    Your HP monitor would've had to have been plugged in at exactly the same time the no signal message appeared.

Jack E/NJ

• sam28my

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    Your HP monitor would've had to have been plugged in at exactly the same time the no signal message appeared.

I was only having 1 monitor at a time 
  • JackE
    Options
    Yes. That was my point. Both would've had to have  been plugged in at the same time with a splitter or hub. Then both the HP and Acer monitors would've likely shown the same 'no signal' screen at the exact same time.

Jack E/NJ

• sam28my

Tinkerer

Options
    JackE said:
    Yes. That was my point. Both would've had to have  been plugged in at the same time with a splitter or hub. Then both the HP and Acer monitors would've likely shown the same 'no signal' screen at the exact same time.
    There was no splitter hub. The GPU was connected to 1 monitor only

• JackE
    Options
    Yes, I understand that you have no splitter. But if you did have a splitter, you would've seen the same 'no signal' on the HP. 

Jack E/NJ