My acer nitro 5 shows a black screen and isnt turning on

Saltyshxtt
Saltyshxtt Member Posts: 1 New User
I know this probably got brought up alot, but I opened up my laptop to clean the fans from dust and apply new thermal paste, Once i finish and closed everything up, I turned it on and the keyboard lit up, the screen stayed black and the fans worked for a bit and then went off, the red light under the fans was glowing. I tried to open it with the power cable and without and nothing worked, i tried to put it into bios with f2 key and nothing showed up, the keyboard remains lit up though. The lights next to the power supply light up so its getting charged.

Answers

• Jeyam
    Jeyam Member Posts: 348 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @ Saltyshxtt
    If you find yous Acer laptop screen is black, you can try this: Ensure to turn off your laptop, and unplug any external devices. Press the Power button to turn on your laptop. When you see the Acer logo or splash screen appears, press F2, F9, F10, and Enter key on your keyboard
    To do this, just press the Power button on your laptop and keep holding it for at least 15 seconds. This will forcefully perform a soft reset on your Acer system and would turn it off. Afterward, let go of the Power button, wait for a while, and press the Power key again to turn it on.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,639 Trailblazer
    I know this probably got brought up alot, but I opened up my laptop to clean the fans from dust and apply new thermal paste, Once i finish and closed everything up, I turned it on and the keyboard lit up, the screen stayed black and the fans worked for a bit and then went off, the red light under the fans was glowing. I tried to open it with the power cable and without and nothing worked, i tried to put it into bios with f2 key and nothing showed up, the keyboard remains lit up though. The lights next to the power supply light up so its getting charged.

Your problem is to do (while you opened your laptop and cleaned it) with either that you have bumped and dislodged or you have unplugged your laptops screen cable plug from the motherboard, check that plug and make sure that its plugged in properly and its making 100% contact, as any slight disturbance of this plug will affect your screens functionality and in your case it must not make 100% contact giving you a "Black Screen". Also check this cables condition, if its not cracked, damaged or its mobo plug wires at the plug (this cable has 2x power cables one 19V and one 3.3V and 4x data cables) are not dislodged from the plug. As screen issues are 90% of times due to the screens cable and its connection to the mobo and 10% it’s the actual screen.

Check screen plug at "I" below as the screen cable has been dislodged and not making contact

LCD Cable

• Luffydnoob
    Luffydnoob Member Posts: 4 New User

Were you ever able to solve it ?