My Swift 3 laptop frequently random restarts

Options
tennis123
tennis123 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited July 2022 in Windows 11
I believe it started, but not completely sure, after the Windows 11 upgrade.  I don't think it's a hardware issue because I booted it from an Avast rescue USB and ran a full scan.  The scan, running in Linux environment, ran about an hour without restart.  While running Windows 11 it restarts frequently, sometimes after every about 15 minutes.   Thanks for any helps.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,561 Trailblazer
    Options
    (1) What is the full model series number of your Swift3? For example, SF314-32?
    (2) Did you try to install Win11 on a dual boot Win10 setup? If yes, this will often cause problems with the WinBootMgr.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yes, we really need to know which Swift 3 model you have. There have been a lot of different model series over the years and literally hundred of different models within each series. You might be able to get more info on what is crashing in Event Viewer and, of course, if it is giving you a BSOD then the dump file will pinpoint the actual error.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • tennis123
    tennis123 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Thanks for both replies.  Model is SF314-43-R9YN.  It's not a dual boot.

However after I did the first two steps of Mini Tools: "How to Fix Windows 11 Random Restart, Try 10 Solutions here" the restart problem to be gone so far, last couple of days.  It seems that the 2nd solution , Disable Fast Startup, made the difference.

Thanks again and I'll come back if the problem pops up again.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,561 Trailblazer
    Options
    Congratulations. Thanks for telling us about mini tool steps. Yes, fast startup can cause many issues. :)

Jack E/NJ