Nitro XR383CURP - I can't figure out how to enable to PIP/PBP Mode is Grayed Out.

Options
hackBONES
hackBONES Member Posts: 9 New User
edited April 2023 in Monitors

Yes, I've reviewed the User Guide, but it's not very helpful. I've managed to figure out how to enable the aspect ratio options, but I can't figure out how to enable to PIP/PBP function.

The User Guide suggests "PC is HDR, PIP/PBP is gray out and unavailable". Which my PC isn't. I've checked my display output options and it shows as SDR. I don't think my poultry GTX970 is even capable of HDR.

LSS, I would like to be able to play my PS3 and PC via PBP, but I can't even toggle it. It'd be so much easier to understand how to set certain options if they had a spreadsheet layout of what you can and can't do for certain modes and features, instead of text.

[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,627 Trailblazer
    Options
    What aspect ratios are you trying to use?

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options
    I wonder if the GTX970 is capable of PIP?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • hackBONES
    Options
    billsey said:
    I wonder if the GTX970 is capable of PIP?
    Strange. I never would have thought the capability would depend the GPU card. TVs have been doing PBP for decades.
  • hackBONES
    Options
    JackE said:
    What aspect ratios are you trying to use?
    From the PC I am currently using the full resolution. 3840x1600. Does that need to be changed to something not WS? That is a really laboured approach if it is...
  • billsey
    Options
    Yeah, the GPU needs to generate the images that's displayed, so the PiP is handled by the GPU.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>From the PC I am currently using the full resolution. 3840x1600. Does that need to be changed to something not WS? That is a really laboured approach if it is... >>>

3840x1600 should be perfect.  Not sure about the GPU. Might want to register and post a query on one of the nvidia users forums.

Jack E/NJ

• hackBONES
    Options
    I'm not sure why there's any speculation on the GPU. It does not create the images for the other source. The image is generated where the source originates. The PC generates image fine and the full resolution capabilities of the monitor. I've tested it in overdrive. No issues, but that is not the issue at hand.

PIP/PBP is controlled by the monitor. I've tried reading through the requirements and all of them are specific settings per the monitor. You turn on something specific, the feature/mode is not accessible. That's what I'm trying to figure out. I've turned off pretty everything you can turn off that I can see is related to the use of this feature/mode.

I just want to be able to play MGS during my breaks at work using the same screen with the second source via HDMI. This is not something relegated to the use of a GPU. Again, TVs have been doing this feature for decades. It's not something new.

It's not the GPU. Please stop suggesting it.
  • JackE
    Options
    Agreed. TVs use PIP and PBP from 2 signal sources --- either broadcast or over cable or via satellite. This monitor should do the same thing if it in fact sees two parallel signal sources. Either two GPUs or a single GPU that can deliver  two different signals to two different output ports.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    Options
    The GPU handles PiP when there aren't two GPUs driving two inputs on the monitor.
  • hackBONES
    Options
    billsey said:
    The GPU handles PiP when there aren't two GPUs driving two inputs on the monitor.
    Fair enough. That was never the premise of this enquiry. You're providing information that's irrelevant to this thread. How is that helpful to me?
  • JackE
    Options
    Sorry. This monitor needs two video signals to generate two different pictures on the screen. If this is unacceptable, then return the machine to the vendor as not meeting your needs for a refund or exchange. Do this before the vendor's RMA policy period expires, usually only a few weeks.

Jack E/NJ

• hackBONES
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Does anyone understand the issue?

The function is grayed out. 

The user guide suggests certain settings need to be set in order for this feature to be available.

The user guide is not very clear.

I have tried to set the certain settings that I can derive from the user guide, but still no luck.

What settings need to be set in order for PIP/PBP to be made available?

I have two signal sources. 1 x PC (DisplayPort) and 1 x Gaming Console (HDMI).

Why has this confused everyone?

I'm not trying to make my GTX970 GPU create two images.

Is this clearer for this community?
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>I have two signal sources. 1 x PC (DisplayPort) and 1 x Gaming Console (HDMI).>>>

OK. Then one of the signals might not be detected by the monitor when they're both connected at the same time.

Jack E/NJ

• hackBONES
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>>I have two signal sources. 1 x PC (DisplayPort) and 1 x Gaming Console (HDMI).>>>

OK. Then one of the signals might not be detected by the monitor when they're both connected at the same time.
    Nope. Both detected and working independently.
  • JackE
    Options
    Yes, but apparently only one is detected in PiP/PbP mode. Do you have another preferrably Win10 era PC with HDMI out to test instead of the old Sony? 

Jack E/NJ

• hackBONES
    Options
    Yes, I have my work laptop which connects via USB C (DP Alt) and it also works independently. Both my PC and work laptop run on Windows 10. All three do not show PIP/PBP mode as available. Does any one here actually work for Acer?
  • JackE
    Options
    >>>Does any one here actually work for Acer?>>>
    No except  for some of the forum moderators, this is an Acer users forum only.

>>>The user guide suggests certain settings need to be set in order for this feature to be available>>>
    What this usually means is that the monitor must be turned on first (the signal sources must be off) and the PiP/PbP mode set. Then each source is turned on after the monitor mode is set.

Jack E/NJ

• hackBONES
    Options
    JackE said:
    >>>Does any one here actually work for Acer?>>>
    No except  for some of the forum moderators, this is an Acer users forum only.

>>>The user guide suggests certain settings need to be set in order for this feature to be available>>>
    What this usually means is that the monitor must be turned on first (the signal sources must be off) and the PiP/PbP mode set. Then each source is turned on after the monitor mode is set.

Literally no change.
  • JackE
    Options
    It just doesn't seem to be able to detect two signals simultaneously. Are you still within the seller's return merchandise authorization period for an exchange or refund? Usually only a few weeks. After that, you must deal with Acer's warranty service which will take longer and might be a hassle.

Jack E/NJ

• SupperSeeker
    SupperSeeker Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hey so I know this is way late but I just had the same issue and the way I fixed it was that I had to turn the Freesync Preium pro setting to off.

In case anyone else runs into this issue