Having big issue installing windows 10 with m.2 SSD Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-54-748Y

Options
TerryC910
TerryC910 Member Posts: 6 New User
Hi All,

I really need a quick answer for this issue, i have been researching but i can't find a good answer to solve this issue.

I tried to replace the m.2 with samsung 980 pro, and windows 10 installation can't detect it. I tried the step to run the Intel storage driver and finally the m.2 SSD show up and I can start to install the windows, but then BSOD popped up after reboot, and it says my device is missing the required file to run , many options there and none of them working. error code 0xc0000098. I tried 3 times still same thing. any ideas what's going on? Thank you all

Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315-54-748Y 

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options
    Which driver are you using, the VMD or RST one?  

If its just not playing you can disable RST by hitting control+s on the main screen of the UEFI, and then the option to turn it off appears in one of the menus
  • OnlySight
    OnlySight Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options
    Hello. Upon reading the situation, I think our situation are the same. I hope you fan help me.

My unit was PH315-53-5634.

The Story: My Laptop was running hot so I changed the thermalpaste CAREFULLY. Nothing damaged. I also cleaned the motherboard with a soft brush. I remove the ssd and hdd. After I cleaned the unit, i put everything back as if nothing happen (just cleaner). I was greeted with Predator Logo Loop and not detected SSD on the bios. As seen from my bios, Optane with raid is enabled. I am skeptical whether the unit is on Raid all along.

The problem: i tried switching it to AHCI and my ssd wouldnt read. 

I hope this is the solution I was looking for. Is there any chance it is?