can i put a sound card in Acer TC885 model D17E5 -motherboard B36H4-AD, and if so which one ?

Venancius
Venancius Member Posts: 3 New User
Hi im a newbie at this - can some one please help me out :) can i put a sound card in Acer TC885 model D17E5 -motherboard B36H4-AD, and if so, where on the mo-bo does it go ?, and which type of sound card would be suited for this mo-bo PC model ? and would it be worth it ?
Please and Thank you ?

Best Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Well, needless to say the TC-885 models have a sound card built into the motherboard, hence the audio jacks on the back of the computer. If you want to put in one with more features or higher performance, you have the PCIe x1 slot on the motherboard next to the GPU PCIe x16 slot.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    No need to settle! In the User Manual, they show the ports to use for a 5.1 surround sound system:
    That's not a clip from your specific guide, but I believe the ports are the same...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Well, needless to say the TC-885 models have a sound card built into the motherboard, hence the audio jacks on the back of the computer. If you want to put in one with more features or higher performance, you have the PCIe x1 slot on the motherboard next to the GPU PCIe x16 slot.
  • Venancius
    Thank you billsey for a response much appreciated......am not computer literate :(   i was wondering why i couldn't get surround sound as i have the altec lansing 5.1 speakers and they end up  with 3 plugs Green Pink Black  and i was wondering why i didn't have those similar colors on my DT at the back. i had green pink blue  - hence i asked the question,......
    well I'll just settle for another basic 2.1 plug n play speaker system, but thank you !! I learned something new .
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    No need to settle! In the User Manual, they show the ports to use for a 5.1 surround sound system:
    That's not a clip from your specific guide, but I believe the ports are the same...
  • Venancius
    thanks billsey much appreciated !!