AN515-53 Quick Access driver not installing

2»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer
    >>>I tried rolling back to my previous version. >>>

OK. Did you roll back by using Control Panel's restore point app?

Jack E/NJ

• Bluethealpha
    Bluethealpha Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    JackE said:
    >>>I tried rolling back to my previous version. >>>

OK. Did you roll back by using Control Panel's restore point app?
    I think so? The main way to do so in settings is unavailable now on my laptop, so I believe the control panel is where I had done so. Basically manually rolling it back, I suppose.

My issues started after the initial update, and nothing changed with my issues when rolling back, and neither when my laptop just automatically reupdated. If I had the choice to, I would've never updated but when I shut down my laptop and turned it on the next morning, the update was automatically starting
  • JackE
    >>>I think so?>>>

Let's check. Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in left pane. If System Protection is turn on in the box that pops up, click on the System Restore button. Click next. Do you see any restore points with date and time stamps? Does any of this look familiar to you when you tried to "roll back'?

Jack E/NJ

• Bluethealpha
    JackE said:
    >>>I think so?>>>

Let's check. Open Control Panel. Search 'restore point'. Click 'create a restore point' in left pane. If System Protection is turn on in the box that pops up, click on the System Restore button. Click next. Do you see any restore points with date and time stamps? Does any of this look familiar to you when you tried to "roll back'?

It is on but there isn't any restore points, unfortunately. So I don't think that's the method I had used. I dug around, and I remembered the method I used. I went into settings>windows updater>uninstall updates, and then I chose the most recent one in the menu to uninstall.
  • JackE
    Open Control Panel. Click Programs Uninstall or change a program. Scroll down through the list. Do you see any 3rd  party antivirus or antimalware still on the list?

Jack E/NJ

• Bluethealpha
    JackE said:
    Open Control Panel. Click Programs Uninstall or change a program. Scroll down through the list. Do you see any 3rd  party antivirus or antimalware still on the list?
    I do have a third-party animalware app called Malwarebytes. And I did use it after I found out there was an issue hoping that it was just because of a virus or malware, which it did find some but none that fixed my problem. Other than that, there aren't any others.
  • JackE
    Aye. Uninstall,  not just disable, MWB. Then report back on what other things you've might tried since last Sunday. Please reply or re-post on this thread, not on any new threads you may have started on the same issue.

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    I'm not sure why you can't comment on this thread. Multiple new posts will only delay & confuse since we can't seem to get any direct responses on this thread. Perhaps you should send a personal message to one of the forum moderators like @Acer-Ingrid to see if the inability for you to comment on this thread can be corrected.  Sometimes using names of 3rd party scanners like m al war by  tes will trigger automatic posting delays.

Jack E/NJ

• Bluethealpha
    JackE said:
    I'm not sure why you can't comment on this thread. Multiple new posts will only delay & confuse since we can't seem to get any direct responses on this thread. Perhaps you should send a personal message to one of the forum moderators like @Acer-Ingrid to see if the inability for you to comment on this thread can be corrected.  Sometimes using names of 3rd party scanners like m al war by  tes will trigger automatic posting delays.
    Apologies for that, I kinda panicked when I saw I couldn't reply to this haha

I'm trying the uninstall now. And for now, I've been using a third-party app for the visuals for my caps lock and such, though I'd still like to get my Acer software functioning again.
  • JackE
    OK. Also make sure fast startup is still disabled in Control Panel's power button app. Then shut down after un-installing M W B. Then turn machine on again and see if QuickAccess will install.

Jack E/NJ

• Bluethealpha
    JackE said:
    OK. Also make sure fast startup is still disabled in Control Panel's power button app. Then shut down after un-installing M W B. Then turn machine on again and see if QuickAccess will install.
    MWB has been uninstalled, and fast startup is disabled to no avail.

I'm working on getting an external hard drive at this point, so I can later try seeing if a clean reinstall of Windows 10 will help. I don't think all of my apps are updated for Windows 11 so that's out of the question for the time being
  • JackE
    OK. Go to the elevated command prompt. Enter 'lodctr  /R'. If command completes successfully, shut down Windows normally. Then turn it on again and see if QA will install.

Jack E/NJ