Upgrading the power supply for Tc-885-ua92

JustinDemarco
JustinDemarco Member Posts: 3 New User
I'm trying to find an upgrade power supply for the TC-885-UA92. I bought it in early 2020 and it's been a great pc, I've recently added a gpu ( Radeon rx 6400). I've upgraded from my previous Gtx1050 it's not much of an upgrade but my gpu was older, and this is newer. Looking to upgrade around 500w if possible just need to make sure it's compatible  

Best Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    @JustinDemarco

Since the TC-885-UA92 still using the standard ATX PSU (unlike those newer Acer desktops use 12 volt only type), most standard PSU (including modular type) of higher than 500W should be fine.
  • ttttt
    Answer ✓
    @JustinDemarco

Just make sure the new PSU has the 6-pin or 8-pin PCIe power connector for the graphics card if the card needs that. I believe almost all 500W+ PSU have enough 6-pin/8-pin connectors for graphics cards.

Answers

• ttttt
    Answer ✓
    @JustinDemarco

Since the TC-885-UA92 still using the standard ATX PSU (unlike those newer Acer desktops use 12 volt only type), most standard PSU (including modular type) of higher than 500W should be fine.
  • ttttt
    Answer ✓
    @JustinDemarco

Just make sure the new PSU has the 6-pin or 8-pin PCIe power connector for the graphics card if the card needs that. I believe almost all 500W+ PSU have enough 6-pin/8-pin connectors for graphics cards.