PO3-630 Keyboard Won’t Wake Up

Options
Ham747
Ham747 Member Posts: 3 New User
If my PO3-630 goes to sleep I can wake it with the mouse but the keyboard stays dead. I have spoken with support and gone through driver reinstalls. I have to make sure the computer never goes to sleep or I lose the keyboard for as long as a couple of days. Eventually I get it back, but at the moment I have to run the desktop on a no sleep power management setting. Any ideas?

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    Options
    Ham747 said:
    If my PO3-630 goes to sleep I can wake it with the mouse but the keyboard stays dead. I have spoken with support and gone through driver reinstalls. I have to make sure the computer never goes to sleep or I lose the keyboard for as long as a couple of days. Eventually I get it back, but at the moment I have to run the desktop on a no sleep power management setting. Any ideas?
    Its either the keyboard that its mechanics are faulty or the USB port where the keyboard is plugged into is faulty? As keyboards and mouses drivers are generic to windows unless the actual manufacturer has specific drivers for their keyboards and mouses. Check the PO3-630 OEM keyboards on another desktop or laptop and see if the same is happening as this should not be happening.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,962 Trailblazer
    Options
    Is it a wired or wireless keyboard?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Jeyam
    Jeyam Member Posts: 348 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi @ Ham747
    Open the Keyboard control panel item, as described in Method 1. Click the Hardware tab, and then click Properties. Click the Power Management tab, and then verify that the Allow this device to wake the computer is enabled. Click OK, and then click OK again.
  • Ham747
    Options
    billsey said:
    Is it a wired or wireless keyboard?
    Its a wired usb keyboard with blue lights. A old plain keyboard swapped over doesn't have any issues. However the ACER support person who was helpful said I should get it sorted while its still under warranty.
  • Ham747
    Options
    Jeyam said:
    Hi @ Ham747
    Open the Keyboard control panel item, as described in Method 1. Click the Hardware tab, and then click Properties. Click the Power Management tab, and then verify that the Allow this device to wake the computer is enabled. Click OK, and then click OK again.
    Allow this device to wake the computer is selected thanks.

I should have added that the windows key has never worked on this keyboard. This is not as critical as the keyboard going dead, but it slows things down a little. have to switch desktops with the mouse, which isn't ideal.