Predator Helios 300 PH315-53 How the heck do I get a replacement HDD Upgrade Kit?

Options
Loonamist
Loonamist Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited July 2022 in Predator Laptops
I've tried contacting Acer-- apparently my laptop is a year out of warranty so they won't even allow me to make the slightest bit of contact. I can't find the item to buy, I can't request a replacement through the form (presumably because out of warranty), and I can't contact them to ask about it. I can't find an obvious option online. There's some sellers on Amazon for the SATA connector but I want to buy the right thing and that doesn't include the screws, which I also need. So what are my options here? Do I need to just buy the SATA chord and screws individually and hope I get the right things? 

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,958 Trailblazer
    Options
    Loonamist said:
    I've tried contacting Acer-- apparently my laptop is a year out of warranty so they won't even allow me to make the slightest bit of contact. I can't find the item to buy, I can't request a replacement through the form (presumably because out of warranty), and I can't contact them to ask about it. I can't find an obvious option online. There's some sellers on Amazon for the SATA connector but I want to buy the right thing and that doesn't include the screws, which I also need. So what are my options here? Do I need to just buy the SATA chord and screws individually and hope I get the right things? 
    What is your laptop model number? As these secondary HD kits consist of a base plate and a SATA cable and 4x base securing screws and 4x base plate securing screws to the actual laptop base, which are different. Give us the exact model number of your laptop so that we can advise you properley of what base, cable and screws your laptop needs as some are different.  

• Loonamist

Tinkerer

Options
    StevenGen said:
    Loonamist said:
    What is your laptop model number? As these secondary HD kits consist of a base plate and a SATA cable and 4x base securing screws and 4x base plate securing screws to the actual laptop base, which are different. Give us the exact model number of your laptop so that we can advise you properley of what base, cable and screws your laptop needs as some are different.  

Oh I'm so sorry, I thought I included that, but I must have spaced after being so flustered at the whole situation. It's a Predator Helios 300. Thank you for your responding and bringing that to light!
  • Loonamist

Tinkerer

Options
    To further clarify, it's a Predator Helios PH315-53-72XD
  • Karthik0223
    Karthik0223 Member Posts: 15 Troubleshooter
    Options
    @Loonamist Bro, even I have the same series of laptop same HDD got corrupted and doesn't recognize anymore to my suggestion don't add a SATA HDD drive add NVME that's better because HDD getting corrupted many times this is second time in 1 and Half year old device to face this issue  
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options
    Loonamist said:
    You will need this kit:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Loonamist

Tinkerer

Options
    @Loonamist Bro, even I have the same series of laptop same HDD got corrupted and doesn't recognize anymore to my suggestion don't add a SATA HDD drive add NVME that's better because HDD getting corrupted many times this is second time in 1 and Half year old device to face this issue  
    Honestly I'd love to but they're out of my budget from what I've seen. Thank you for the heads up, though-- I'm planning to mostly just store games from steam so that my main hard drive is a little more free, but I'll be careful with what else I put on there!
  • Loonamist

Tinkerer

Options
    Loonamist said:
    You will need this kit:

Oh wow! Thank you so much for the specifics! This helps so much!! Thank you thank you!