Trouble with using Xming and puTTy on spin 3 series with windows 11 acer to do virtual work

Options
danielle_hanna
danielle_hanna Member Posts: 1 New User
I have a summer internship doing research. My lab works with the VA, which means the equipment I am using are all dinosaurs. To speed up the process, I am trying to connect viratally. I am using pulse secure as a VPN, puTTy, and Xming to do my work. It took me a week to even get it up and running and start doing my analysis.  I can do all the setup I need for the software to run, but when I press the button to run the evaluation a little window is supposed to pop up. It's to make sure everything is all lined up and running smoothly, but nothing loads. If I minize everything and look at all of my open tabs I can see one that should be the pop-up, but when I click on it it brings me to a blank screen. If I click right, I am given no options. It's like it is there but just can't load. 

I have a Windows 11, Spin 3 series, model N19W2. I have already had a lot of difficulties with puTTy and Xming. Any suggestions or knowledge about incompatibility with my computer. 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,560 Trailblazer
    Options
    AFAIK, puTTY should work OK with a Win11 Spin3. Xming might be more challenging because it hasn't been updated since early Win10 releases which aren't anything like the current Win10. You probably won't want to hear this, but if it was my job to set these up, I'd probably dual boot Mint and install the Linux versions.

Jack E/NJ