Aspire 7 a715-42g-r6r8' Why is my hdmi port connected to intergraded grapichs?

Ouluhh
Ouluhh Member Posts: 9 New User
edited July 2022 in Aspire Laptops
Hi guys!

I have the 'Acer Aspire 7 a715-42g-r6r8', but when i connect a external monitor to my laptop, the scheen is connected to my intergraded gpu (see image). Is there any way to change this? Because it reduces fps, and may is a bottlenack. And in some games, like Minecraft it only gets around 400 fps, also while it isn't rendering anything, or super low settings. Can someone help me with this? Or is the laptop build on a way you can't change the hdmi grapics card?

Also: The translation on the image is: "Monitor 2: COnnected to AMD Radeon(TM) Grapics"

{Thread was edited to add model name to the title}

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,769 Trailblazer
    >>>Minecraft it only gets around 400 fps>>>

400 fps!!!! The GPU cannot support 400 fps or 400 Hz! The laptop LCD  screen itself can only support up to 144 Hz. The table below shows the maximum HDMI signal refresh rates for your laptop to various external screens. The highest expected is 100 Hz

Jack E/NJ

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 4,054 Pathfinder
    @Ouluhh you can press F3 and post the screenshot here. Check if the game is either currently using the integrated or discrete graphics card.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Ouluhh
    The game is using my gtx 1650, but my hdmi port is connected to intergrated grapics, and yeah that reduces fps i heard.

• Ouluhh
    This is the screenshot

• Ouluhh
    And a lot of other computers gets around 1000 fps while looking at the minecraft void, for example
  • JackE
    >>>And a lot of other computers gets around 1000 fps >>>

Please post links to these claims.

Jack E/NJ

• Ouluhh
    What do you mean?

• JackE
    What other computers that get around a 1,000 fps? What are the model numbers of these computers?

Jack E/NJ

• Ouluhh
    Idk, but i have a school laptop with an intel pentinum cpu with intergraded grapics, and it gets 1000+ fps while looking at the void
  • JackE
    >>>idk>>>

idke.

Jack E/NJ

• AnhEZ28
    @Ouluhh what about this in-game screen?
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
  • Ouluhh
    There is my nvidea gpu
    but still max 400fps
  • AnhEZ28
    @Ouluhh that's really fine anyways. In the Nvidia control panel, do you see your external monitor is connected to Nvidia GPU?
  • Ouluhh
    Nope, it is connected to my amd icpu
  • Ouluhh

This is what i see!
  • JackE
    So simply turn off auto select and choose what you want.

Jack E/NJ

• AnhEZ28
    @Ouluhh I see the HDMI symbol is in the AMD GPU section so I think there is no way to connect directly to the Nvidia GPU. Not really sure that this will depend on some Aspire models or all of them unlike the Nitro or Predator series where you can use HDMI to connect directly to the Nvidia GPU