Predator Orion 3000 PO3-630 - CPU Cooler Upgrade Problem

Options
Warhammerz
Warhammerz Member Posts: 1 New User
I have an issue with upgrading this setup. I got RTX 3070 Noctua with CPU cooler Noctua NH-D15 and I am moving the motherboard to NZXT H7 Flow. 

I am facing an issue with mounting the NH-D15 cooler to the motherboard, the screws are not fitting at all and I cannot install the backplate. I've tried skipping the backplate since this configuration already has one but again w/o success. 

I know it is possible to mount NH-D15 to this motherboard but how exactly ? I am 100% sure I've seen it but can't find it atm.... 

I will appreciate your advices. 

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,954 Trailblazer
    edited July 2022
    Options
    I have an issue with upgrading this setup. I got RTX 3070 Noctua with CPU cooler Noctua NH-D15 and I am moving the motherboard to NZXT H7 Flow. 

I am facing an issue with mounting the NH-D15 cooler to the motherboard, the screws are not fitting at all and I cannot install the backplate. I've tried skipping the backplate since this configuration already has one but again w/o success. 

I know it is possible to mount NH-D15 to this motherboard but how exactly ? I am 100% sure I've seen it but can't find it atm.... 

I will appreciate your advices. 
    Unfortunately the Noctua NH-D15 (H160xW150xD135) that you have is too big to fit into the spaces of your PO3-630 desktop, the suitable cpu cooler is the Noctua NH-U9S (H125xW95xD68) which is allot smaller and fits into the spaces that you have, you should have enquired and looked up on this forum for which cpu cooler is suitable for your PO3-630 before you bought the Noctua NH-D15 as the Noctua NH-U9S has been fitted by other community members extensively and they work very well. 

There are plenty of guides of how to fit Noctua coolers on the web, look at those, also the Noctua cooler has a comprehensive step by step guide of how to mount the coolers like for your NH-D15 so look at the PDF guide just like the NH-U9S has.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options
    Sorry, the NH-D15 won't fit that mainboard. However, the NH-U95 should fit and work better. Check this link for further  info.

Jack E/NJ