does Nitro N50-620 has an option to upgrade the Video BIOS.

Options
chickenattack
chickenattack Member Posts: 4 New User
ive been wanting to upgrade my Video BIOS from R01-A2 > R01-A4, when i downloaded it on the acer website  i got confused as theres multiple files and i dont want to risk accidentally ruining my computer.

aswell as this im wondering if theres any Nvidia driver version that does not cause live kernel events and hangs / freezes as thats whats happening with me aswell

Answers

• chickenattack
    Options
    edit: which file do i go into to download the BIOS
    and if theres any nvidia driver version taht doesnt cause them events and freezes can you post the link in here?
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,980 Trailblazer
    edited July 2022
    Options
    edit: which file do i go into to download the BIOS
    and if theres any nvidia driver version taht doesnt cause them events and freezes can you post the link in here?

First of all "WHY DO YOU WANT TO UPDATE THE BIOS?" as a bios update if your desktop is working 100% is NOT NEEDED as the Version: R01-A4 only fixes "Fix Hynix BC711 SSD show Error in the SMART detection" and this is specific to only "Fix Hynix BC711 SSD" and if you don't have a Hynix SSD don't worry about it. Its the same with the Nvidia firmware flash, your N50-620 gpu does not have one specific for any of the cards that Acer fitted to your desktop, as you also and sometimes get either a system bios or gpu firmware flash utilities update through 'Windows Update" (which btw I don't trust as its bricked allot of systems) so those are the only reasons that you should do either a bios update or gpu firmware update. 

Hynix BC711 SSD

Anyway and I take no responsibility here, you do this at your own risk! To flash the bios "Read the Appendix ,pdf files" as there are 3 different ways to flash the bios for your N50-620 desktop, the easiest is the UCP Flash SOP(x64) v1.1 method so do it that way, as this method is the ,exe flash process which allows you to just click on the R01-A4.exe file and it will execute the flashing process automatically but, be very careful and take all bios flashing precautions, don't have any software running, if you have an anti virus close it off, if your system has any dangers of going into BSOD blue screen fix these problems first, as and if the PC goes int a BSOD blue screen stoppage while in the middle of a bios flash you will brick your PC as Acer categorically warns consumers that "Upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your Acer product. Please proceed with caution"! Good luck and hope this helps you out. 
  • chickenattack
    Options
    oh so i dont have to upgrade my bios? alright then thank you
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    To install that BIOS you enter the WIN folder and double click the installer, as described in the documentation in the Appendix folder. As suggested however it doesn't make any changes to your NVIDIA card, it's the BIOS for the motherboard instead.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.