AN715-51 no longer can use Nitrosense after Windows 11 update

Options
nofans
nofans Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an AN715-51 that I no longer can control the cooling fans for after downloading Windows 11. When I try to boot up Nitrosense, nothing happens. I've tried uninstalling and redownloading, but my model of laptop only supports Windows 10 (and I'm out of the 10 day window so I can't revert back to the older operating system).

I tried running Nitrosense with backwards compatibility options, but that only works for Windows 8 or early, so still no use.

I tried a weird command prompt thing I found on Reddit that seemed to work for others (https://www.reddit.com/r/AcerNitro/comments/qe0zxs/nitrosense_not_working_after_update_to_windows_11/) but had no success.

I tried accessing fan controls from BIOS but couldn't find any way to change settings. I also attempted to download third party fan control apps (i.e. Fanspeed, Argus Monitoring), but my fans were unable to be found.

I even got desperate enough to do a full reset on my computer to see if it would magically fix itself. It didn't.

My fans still work - I can hear them running. I just have no control over it, and they don't turn them on when I need them most while gaming, so my computer is getting super overheated.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  

Answers