1 long beep on acer desktop acer tc 605

TRENT43
TRENT43 Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

guys i just updated my acer tc 605. I replaced the i5 4440 with i7 4790. A new power supply, memory from 8 gb to 16 gb, ssd and gtx 1060. After installing everything it worked smoothly. This morning i cut it on and heard 1 long beep with no display. I tried resetting memory , cmos battery, but to no avail. Anyone got any ideas?

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @TRENT43

One long beep means memory problem or problem with motherboard accessing the memory has problem.
    Have you matched the spec of memory properly or the memory modules fully seated?
    Try use one memory module and see if the problem persist.
  • TRENT43

Tinkerer

ttttt said:
    @TRENT43

One long beep means memory problem or problem with motherboard accessing the memory has problem.
    Have you matched the spec of memory properly or the memory modules fully seated?
    Try use one memory module and see if the problem persist.
    I appreciate you always helping me out. I did find it. I bought  2 crucial 8gb each memory sticks and one is doa. Every time i use that particular one ,it beeps. So i just used  one of my kingston 4 gb ,so i have 12 instead of 16gb. Im the world best at buying a dud!!
  • ttttt
    @TRENT43

If one of the modules is DOA, then "After installing everything it worked smoothly" shoul not happen.
  • TRENT43

Tinkerer

ttttt said:
    @TRENT43

If one of the modules is DOA, then "After installing everything it worked smoothly" shoul not happen.
    sorry what i meant was everything went smoothly until i installed ram..So i started were it began with the ram. I took both ram out and reset still same beep. Then i took one ram out and left one in and it stopped and started working. Then when i put that ram back in it started beeping again. I just assumed that ram stick was doa.
  • ttttt
    @TRENT43

I see. Everything should be fine after replacing with a good RAM module.