A problem with battery operation after a short circuit - swift 7 SF714-52T

DeHuTtY
DeHuTtY Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited July 2022 in Swift and Spin Series
Hello,

I have an Acer swift 7 SF714-52T laptop. There were short circuits on the motherboard, which I fixed at a service center.

However, after that the battery wouldn't charge - I was told to buy a new one. I replaced the battery, connected it. My computer shows that the battery is 100% charged but the battery light is blinking orange and when I remove the charging cable the laptop shuts down automatically.

Any ideas what the problem might be? 

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Comments

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    I would get back in touch with the service center, it sounds as if they installed a faulty motherboard.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • giukan
    giukan Member Posts: 2 New User
    DeHuTtY said:
    Hello,

I have an Acer swift 7 SF714-52T laptop. There were short circuits on the motherboard, which I fixed at a service center.

However, after that the battery wouldn't charge - I was told to buy a new one. I replaced the battery, connected it. My computer shows that the battery is 100% charged but the battery light is blinking orange and when I remove the charging cable the laptop shuts down automatically.

Any ideas what the problem might be? 

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)
    Hi DeHuTtY, I also have EXACTLY the same problem and the same pc model as you,
    I also bought a new battery but nothing has changed :(

about the battery light, mine is always blinking orange,  but if I click the start key for 30 it switches to fixed orange light...

I have followed all the guides to fix the problem but I have not arrived at any result.

you have any news? I hope we can help each other.
  • DeHuTtY

Tinkerer

Hi, no anything new, the same problem yes. 

I have also tried all things that I found in Inthernet, but no.

I think this is something specific to the model. I wander if we could contact Acer support for help? 
  • DeHuTtY

Tinkerer

billsey said:
    I would get back in touch with the service center, it sounds as if they installed a faulty motherboard.
    It is not replaced, but repaired.
  • Does the problem occur after resetting the battery?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • DeHuTtY

Tinkerer

Does the problem occur after resetting the battery?

Yes, also .... I've tried this but the problem still occur.
  • Is your laptop still under warranty?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • giukan
    giukan Member Posts: 2 New User
    DeHuTtY said:

I think this is something specific to the model. I wander if we could contact Acer support for help? 
    have you tried to contact acer? I am trying to contact them, even if my warranty has expired.

about the new battery is  also your  original? and you tried to check the battery health with powercfg /batteryreport. on the powershell?
  • DeHuTtY

Tinkerer

Is your laptop still under warranty?

No! The warranty expired a few months ago.
  • DeHuTtY

Tinkerer

giukan said:
    DeHuTtY said:

have you tried to contact acer? I am trying to contact them, even if my warranty has expired.

about the new battery is  also your  original? and you tried to check the battery health with powercfg /batteryreport. on the powershell?

Installed batteries

Information about each currently installed battery
    BATTERY 1
    NAMEUNKNOWN
    MANUFACTURERUNKNOWN
    SERIAL NUMBER-
    CHEMISTRYLION
    DESIGN CAPACITY-
    FULL CHARGE CAPACITY-
    CYCLE COUNT-

I think it is an original battery but....
  • There were short circuits on the motherboard, which I fixed at a service center.

I would advise sending the laptop back so that the technician who fixed the laptop earlier can re-analyze the battery charger ci circuit! It would be interesting for the technician to analyze the electrical schematic of this motherboard.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ExJay
    ExJay Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi! I'm new here. I have the same model of Swift that died a few days ago. Can you assist with Service Centre address/location in US where I can send mine in for repair? I believe I am not within warranty but I need it fixed because of data that I need to recover from the system. Thanks.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer

Use the website to get contact info. You can't send it in without first creating a ticket... Likely the easiest way to get a ticket started is through the chat interface.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.