will Nvidia GeForce GT1030 graphics card run on Acer Inspire TC-1660 with the stock PSU

JudyHuggett
JudyHuggett Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

I recently bought the Acer Inspire TC-1660 which has Intel UHD Graphics 750 and wondered if the stock PSU can handle Nvidia GeForce GT1030 or even more powerful GPU as I want to play AO Tennis 2 on my Steam account.

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,462 Trailblazer
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Yes, the stock 300watt PSU should easily handle the addition of the 30watt GT1030. Good reasonable choice. The case and PSU is limited so going to another more powerful card will likely also mean a bigger 500watt PSU is needed.  :)

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    edited July 2022 Answer ✓
    Yes, the stock 300watt PSU should easily handle the addition of the 30watt GT1030. Good reasonable choice. The case and PSU is limited so going to another more powerful card will likely also mean a bigger 500watt PSU is needed.  :)

Jack E/NJ

• JudyHuggett
    JudyHuggett Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    Thanks JackE, another question though, will adding a GPU invalidate my warranty?
  • JackE
    It shouldn't unless you physical break something or tear any tamper seal tape that might've been affixed over screw heads or case seams.

Jack E/NJ