Undervolting my Helios 300 PH315-53 with Bios version v2.04

Options
2»

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,561 Trailblazer
    Options
    You can order it yourself to save money.

Jack E/NJ

• nivreph
    nivreph Member Posts: 22 Troubleshooter
    Options
    JackE said:
    You can order it yourself to save money.
    Hi. sorry for the delayed reply. so here's what happened lately. i can't find any seller online for a thermal module so i had to go to a service center near me. turns out there is a service center for acer laptops but they only do light repairs. anything heavy like my issue requires them to send your unit to a larger service center. according to the technicians, they encountered this same issue already on a model almost similar to mine. they tried repasting on said unit but temps still remain high. the only solution they told me is to replace the entire motherboard since my unit is still under warranty. (I didn't tell them i repasted my laptop 😆) but the problem is the availability of replacement parts which usually will take months if not years.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,561 Trailblazer
    Options
    >>>i can't find any seller online for a thermal module >>>

Are you using Google to search the 'part number' with and without dots,  example "24.Q7XN2.001" & "24Q7XN2001"? Or google 'PH315-53' 'thermal module'. I find dozens of vendors who have them in stock. You might have to wait a few weeks for delivery if in another country  but they seem widely available.

Jack E/NJ