My Acer nitro 5 AN515-55 sparked in the middle of the keyboard and still works, do I need a replace?

Iaido
Iaido Member Posts: 1 New User
As in the title my laptop was plugged in and I had just closed some demanding applications (Chrome, fusion360, msword). A few seconds later the laptop shutdown instantly. I pressed the power button and the keyboard lit up but a second later several sparks came from the middle of the keyboard arround 'fgh' keys I think? I immediately took the charger out and it stopped. I didn't turn it on until a few days after this happened and now it just works? Can someone please advise me if I should get this laptop replaced or if I can just keep using it. I bought it 6 months ago and seems to be working fine right now. I'm just worried this might happen again. Thank you so much for helping me.  

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    That's not usual and if that happened don't touch it and/or open it as there must be a cable that is shortening out and needs inspecting and changing. Send you laptop to Acer Tech Support and get them to look at your laptop as this problem will happen again and once your laptop is out of warranty it could cost you lots of money to either replace the mobo and keyboard. 

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    That's not usual and if that happened don't touch it and/or open it as there must be a cable that is shortening out and needs inspecting and changing. Send you laptop to Acer Tech Support and get them to look at your laptop as this problem will happen again and once your laptop is out of warranty it could cost you lots of money to either replace the mobo and keyboard.