Replacement MB my Acer 10068-1

Options
Towcobra
Towcobra Member Posts: 8 New User
edited July 2022 in Legacy Desktops
Hi, my Acer 10068-1  48.3EG01.011 (4ram slots) which was installed originally in a Packard Bell  desktop has been given me trouble for a long while and finally passed. Is this board still available, if not is there a suitable replacement board available or should I just upgrade? Many thanks.

{ edited the title to add the model name ) 

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,032 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Towcobra said:
    Hi, my Acer 10068-1  48.3EG01.011 (4ram slots) which was installed originally in a Packard Bell  desktop has been given me trouble for a long while and finally passed. Is this board still available, if not is there a suitable replacement board available or should I just upgrade? Many thanks.
    Just as an addition and another option that you have and seeing that you have all the components for this Socket LGA 1155 with chipset:H61 mobo that can take the 2nd Gen cpu, DDR3 DIMMS ram, psu etc etc and you don't want to upgrade? Then you can still get the Acer 10068-1  48.3EG01.011 mobo which is around $60,00 so its your choice and what you want to do with this desktop as a 2nd Gen cpu is just a very basic system so its up to you?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,838 Trailblazer
    Options
    Since that motherboard is close to ten years old, I'd suggest upgrading to a new one, with newer processor and memory. It looks like it's a standard ATX form factor so there are lots of options for new ones.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,032 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Towcobra said:
    Just as an addition and another option that you have and seeing that you have all the components for this Socket LGA 1155 with chipset:H61 mobo that can take the 2nd Gen cpu, DDR3 DIMMS ram, psu etc etc and you don't want to upgrade? Then you can still get the Acer 10068-1  48.3EG01.011 mobo which is around $60,00 so its your choice and what you want to do with this desktop as a 2nd Gen cpu is just a very basic system so its up to you?

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    Options
    Towcobra

My suggestion is to get a new computer with the latest config.  

Please visit the website – support.acer.com – chose your country – click on shop.   It will show you all the latest and new computers.    You can see all the models from low end to high end configurations.   You can look at all the models one by one.   Please chose the best one which suits your budget and needs.   You can also buy desktop, laptop, monitor and accessories. 

Alternatively,  on the top right corner you can find the phone no to contact Acer store.   If you need more details you can call and check with them.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Towcobra
    Towcobra Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options
    Four good answers, many thanks. I think 10 yrs is a fair life for the board, it is now retired. I am looking at an Aspire XC Desktop XC 1660, so now have additional questions, only 2.
    Can I fit an XFX R7950 Ghost graphics card (assuming its better than whats installed in the 1660) and an additional HDD? Appreciate your help.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,838 Trailblazer
    Options
    Both the XC-1660 and XC-1660G models are a slim case, so a full sized card like that will not fit in physically. They also use the newer 12VO power supplies so you may be constrained by power for your upgrades. The different models come with either a 300W or 500W PSU so that shows you were the limits are for a GPU to work. It looks like a GTX 1650 is the best GPU they ship with, and those systems will have the 500W supply installed.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.