x25 bmiiprzx - acer display widget "selected monitor not supported"

Bullet4Justice
Bullet4Justice Member Posts: 3 New User
Hello, I hope you are having a good day. I just installed the Acer display widget that I downloaded from the X25 drivers page and when I open the app the app detects the monitor but gives me a "selected monitor not supported" message. I hope you can help me. thanks.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,467 Trailblazer
    Check on-screen display mode and make sure DDC/CI is enabled. Then try it again.

Jack E/NJ

• Bullet4Justice
    JackE said:
    Check on-screen display mode and make sure DDC/CI is enabled. Then try it again.

I have the monitor connected with display port and I don't see anything called DDC/CI in the system menu.
  • JackE
    >>>"selected monitor not supported">>>

Sorry, the widget software's detection fine print suggests that the x25 is not compatible.

Your monitor’s compatibility will be checked upon installation.

Jack E/NJ

• Bullet4Justice
    JackE said:
    >>>"selected monitor not supported">>>

Sorry, the widget software's detection fine print suggests that the x25 is not compatible.

Your monitor’s compatibility will be checked upon installation.

that doesn't make a lot of sense considering that it's one of the flagship 1080p monitors that Acer sells, why wouldn't they support it?
  • JackE
    edited June 2022
    >>>I have the monitor connected with display port>>>
    >>>why wouldn't they support it?>>>

Did you try the HDMI port? DisplayPort only supports DDC data tansmission between PC & monitor in Dual-Mode DP++ in HDMI mode.That is, your PC's DisplayPort port is single mode and only supports DP signals passthru, not HDMI DDC signals..

Jack E/NJ