Travelmate p253-m Where advanced or system configuration option on bios?

İslamİsTrueReligion
İslamİsTrueReligion Member Posts: 7 New User
edited June 2022 in TravelMate and Extensa
My comp. is Travelmate p253-m I am trying to enable virtualization but on the bios menu, there is no advanced menu or system configuration. How to do me?

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Comments

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    Which CPU is in your system? The TravelMate P253-M systems came with either 2nd gen or 3rd gen CPUs IIRC.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • İslamİsTrueReligion
    billsey said:
    Which CPU is in your system? The TravelMate P253-M systems came with either 2nd gen or 3rd gen CPUs IIRC.
    ............. Thanks for respond
  • billsey
    OK, so that processor definitely supports virtualization. What leads you to believe you need to enable it? What VM software are you trying to run, and what OS are you running?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • İslamİsTrueReligion
    billsey said:
    OK, so that processor definitely supports virtualization. What leads you to believe you need to enable it? What VM software are you trying to run, and what OS are you running?
    İ want to enable it for virtualbox and inside this kali linux. My os is windows
  • İslamİsTrueReligion
    billsey said:
    Sir, You are forget to help
  • billsey
    What happens when you install VirtualBox? It should already be enabled...
  • İslamİsTrueReligion
    billsey said:
    What happens when you install VirtualBox? It should already be enabled...
    Yet happened nothing, because i am yet installing linux. So i am not did try yet. The problem is: I can not open advanced menu for looking that virtualization is enable or not.
  • billsey
    There is no advanced menu to open, hence your results.
  • İslamİsTrueReligion
    edited July 2022
    billsey said:
    There is no advanced menu to open, hence your results.
    Yes, i just want to know how and where enable virtualization.

• billsey
    And as I said earlier, it should be supported without having to enable it.
  • İslamİsTrueReligion
    billsey said:
    And as I said earlier, it should be supported without having to enable it.
    Oh, i forget to share the news. Yes glory to be Allah is working. So dosnt need to enable it. Thanks for help. 

Note:Research the İslam.
    https://youtu.be/FNGGaY50ey8
  • AmiKotto
    AmiKotto Member Posts: 1 New User

I don't know if anyone noticed that there should be up to 1760MB of graphic memory allocated to the Intel HD Graphics 4000, but in fact there seems to be only 64MB - that's what is displayed in BIOS.

I have tested two models that looks identical from outside: E1-571 and P253-M

E1 has CoreI3 Gen2 and Intel HD Graphics 4000 Gen2

P253 has Core3 Gen3 and Intel HD Graphics 4000 Gen3

Guess which has better performance in gaming ? The older one. Why ?

Because Gen2 has 128MB of graphic memory which is absolute minimum, while Gen3 has 64mb which like graphics card from previous century.

Why manufacturer acts this way? I don't know, but this is really not fair.