Cannot get speakers working in ubuntu on Aspire C24-1650

Nite2
Nite2 Member Posts: 5 New User
Hello!

I'm trying to install and run ubuntu on Aspire C24-1650. I installed 22.04. Everything is working except sound. Well, sound is working through my headphones when I connect them to 3.5" jack on the back. But there is no sound on built-in speakers. That is strange because visually it seems like everything is working, I have all devices present, and when I start sound application I see changing level of sound (screenshot attached). But there is no sound out of speakers!

I changed to old style snd-hda-intel driver but nothing changed. I have no sound through speakers but everything works with headphones plugged in.

I thought maybe there is some hardware problem with speakers. But when I installed windows there was sound through speakers!

I tried other linux distributions (debian, fedora, manjaro, mint etc). There are no sound in any of them (only with headphones).

Anyone knows how to fix this problem?

Answers

• Nite2
    I forgot to tell that this Aspire had BIOS version R02-A2. Later I thought that maybe bios update would help and upgraded it to the latest R02-A3, but nothing changed.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    It sounds like there is a driver missing from the kernel. Have you asked the OS developers about it? Sometimes it takes a year or more to get all the chipset drivers implemented in Linux.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Have you checked the bios version too?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Nite2
    edited June 2022
    egydiocoelho, yes, I already told before that I upgraded bios to the latest version R02-A3.
    It was R02-A2 before. On either version there was no sound in speakers in ubuntu.