My Predator Laptop booted to a red screen [G9-591-70VM]

Options
Antsmasher
Antsmasher Member Posts: 41 Die Hard WiFi Icon
edited June 2022 in Predator Laptops
I usually put my laptop [G9-591-70VM] in sleep mode after I'm done working on it for the day, but today this morning, when I started it up, it booted to this red screen and stayed that way.

Every time I press the 'enter' key, the screen would flicker.

I had to do a hard reset and the laptop booted up normally.

I want to know what would cause this issue and what solutions exist because chances are that it might happen again in the future.

{ edited the title from content to change the model number }

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,153 Trailblazer
    Options
    Hi,
    It could be a loose display cable or it's time to replace the panel, I would suggest you connect the laptop to an external display/TV with a HDMI cable and check if and when this happens again, if the display in the external monitor is fine, you may have to check the cable and replace it if needed, sometimes reseating the cable also might solve the problem.
  • Antsmasher
    Antsmasher Member Posts: 41 Die Hard WiFi Icon
    Options
    I did have an external display plugged in using a HDMI cable when the issue occurred, but it displayed nothing.
  • Jeyam
    Jeyam Member Posts: 348 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi @ Antsmasher

It could be a loose display cable or it's time to replace the panel, I would suggest you connect the laptop to an external display/TV with a HDMI cable and check if and when this happens again, if the display in the external monitor is fine, you may have to check the cable and replace it if needed, sometimes reseating