Acer aspire e5-575-33bm bios flash with USB drive

Spaka4
Spaka4 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited June 2022 in Aspire Laptops
I tried downgrading my acer aspire e5-575-33bm bios ...when suddenly it went to a blackscreen....for 3 months now I've been searching for a solution...however no fix... I can't use my pc...iver tried flashing my bios with a USB and hexeditor but I don't know which of the multi .FD I should use please help..

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,444 Trailblazer
    Sometimes simply unplugging the laptop and pressing and holding a paperclip into battery disconnect pinhole for about a minute will resolve the problem. Then plug the charger back in and wait for the battery charge LED to turn from solid orange to solid blue before trying to turn it on again.

If this fails, you must name or re-name on the the binary files extracted from the firmware executable to ZAA.FD or ZAAx64.FD.  It must be the only file in the root directory of FAT32 formatted USB drive with an activity LED. Laptop must be fully charged and plugged in before starting. Then while pressing and holding FN+ESC key, turn the machine on. Don't let go of the keys until you see continuous USB LED activity. If successful, after 3-5 minutes the laptop should automatically shut down or reboot.

The FN+ESC method often fails.because the BIOS boot section has failed and can no longer read from the USB port. In this case, it's often less frustrating to google search E5-575 bios chip for vendors who ship pre-programmed chips to your location. Since the chips are large pin surface mounts, they can be installed with ordinary pencil tip soldering tool. Cost less than $20usd.

Jack E/NJ