h6510bd wont wake from standby

Spenbarkley
Spenbarkley Member Posts: 1 New User
edited June 2022 in Projectors
I just got this projector for free, because it seems to be broken. Following problem:

I plug in the cord and the POWER led lights up red.
(Sometimes even the other two leds turn on but they appear to be very low in brightness and they keep changing brightness)

At some Point i got the projector to turn on after i let it sit for a week or two. It was working as expected and i checked the lamp settings wich said that the lamp ran for 13 hours. Then after about 10 minutes it instantly shut down without any warning. I think the projector wasnt used too much since i also didnt see any dust inside when i opened it.

Now its back to POWER led red all the time and sometimes inconsistently bright LAMP and TEMP led.
Rest of it stays silent. Fan is not spinning, Lamp stays off, colorwheel stays still.

Id like to know if there is any other sensor / switch that could stop it from leaving standby mode (Manual says power led on indicates standby mode)
Maybe something with the color wheel?

Edited the content to hide personal information.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    >>>sometimes inconsistently bright LAMP>>>

Sounds like it might be the ballast board for the lamp has intermittent problems. Part no. 55.JERJ3.003 Maybe it just needs to be reseated a few times to help clean its contacts to the mainboard. It would require quite a bit of disassembly to reach. If the board has to be replaced google search the part no for vendors who ship to your location. Cost about $30usd

Jack E/NJ