RST with Optane does not recognize NVMe SSD Aspire TC-885-ACCFLI3

Ctuck
Ctuck Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

I installed a Samsung NVMe M.2 SSD to use as a boot drive in my Aspire TC-885-ACCFLI3 desktop.  Unfortunately, the SSD drive isn't recognized when the SATA mode is set to RST with Optane.  When I changed it in the BIOS to AHCI the drive appears under NVMe Port 1 in BIOS but it will not boot to Windows 10.  Any suggestions?

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Best Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Commodore_1995# ACE Posts: 98,186 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Do not change to rst with optane mode. Do this procedure again: return to rst with optane again. then go to windows, press windows+r, type msconfig, go to system startup, enable safeboot and then restart windows. then go into the BIOS and change the sata mode to ahci.

Then just disable safeboot and boot windows, and the ahci driver and ssd will be installed.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    OK! Accept the answer that helped you, to help other users.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 

Answers

• return to rst with optane again. then go to windows, press windows+r, type msconfig, go to system startup, enable safeboot and then restart windows. then go into the BIOS and change the sata mode to ahci.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Ctuck

Tinkerer

Maybe I'm missing something but that seems to have gotten me nowhere.  Per your suggestion, I set the system startup to safeboot, restarted, opened BIOS on the way in, switched to ahci, and it booted into safe mode.  I then tried to install the SSD driver which was at least recognized but the installation failed I assume b/c I was in safe mode.  Note: the driver also won't install when the SATA mode is set to RST b/c the computer does not recognize the hardware is installed.  So I then had to switch back to RST in order to get Windows 10 to boot up and I'm back where I started.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    Do not change to rst with optane mode. Do this procedure again: return to rst with optane again. then go to windows, press windows+r, type msconfig, go to system startup, enable safeboot and then restart windows. then go into the BIOS and change the sata mode to ahci.

Then just disable safeboot and boot windows, and the ahci driver and ssd will be installed.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• Ctuck

Tinkerer

Hot *****, it worked that time.  thank you for your help.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Answer ✓
    OK! Accept the answer that helped you, to help other users.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer