Need a Screen replacement for my Predator Helios 300 PH315-53

Options
LiLboss619
LiLboss619 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited June 2022 in Predator Laptops
My Laptop screen was damaged while overclocking it. It started to have tiny line strips that were kinda noticeable. Then my screen started to turn off and on. Everything works but it keeps going black then back to "normal"

My model is Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop - PH315-53-71QX

SKU: NH.Q7ZAA.002 

Also side note what are the black hard plastic tapes that hold the fans down called. They started to build up dust and no longer sticky. Would like to replace them as well.

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,561 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Well, the first thing I'd probably do is google search the keywords 'part number' (shown above) & 'amazon'. For example, tried the first one "b156han13.0" "amazon". Oooo! Look what the first hit revealed. 🙂

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Options
    >>>My Laptop screen was damaged while overclocking it. >>>
    Did you also check the GPU for possible damage on an external screen like a TV set?
    The following are the screens recommended for  the PH315-53

>>>what are the black hard plastic tapes that hold the fans down called>>>
    They're only dust/airflow covers. You can use electricians tape from the HomeDepot

Jack E/NJ

• LiLboss619

Tinkerer

Options

How would I go about ordering one from amazon? I tried but I got confused searching for one. Could you give me an example?

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options

Well, the first thing I'd probably do is google search the keywords 'part number' (shown above) & 'amazon'. For example, tried the first one "b156han13.0" "amazon". Oooo! Look what the first hit revealed. 🙂

Jack E/NJ

• LiLboss619

Tinkerer

Options

OMG Thank You. I'm more of a visual learner. Sorry if I annoyed you

• JackE
    Options

Good luck with replacing it. But before you order, you might want to HDMI out to an external screen or TV set just to make sure that the GPU video output itself is still OK.

Jack E/NJ