Power Down Plug Aspire K242 HYL

Mo030541
Mo030541 Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

edited June 2022 in Monitors
I have been using an e-on power down plug for a long time without any difficulties. I have now had to replace both my PC and monitor with new Acer units and when I try to use the e-on plug both the monitor and speakers keep cutting out and back in again. How do I sort this as it is very convenient to have all three items going off together. 

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    I'm not positive, but I believe you have one of the TC-1660 models. It looks like the e-on gizmo turns off your peripherals when you shut down your desktop? I wonder if the new TC-1660 doesn't pull enough power for the e-on to recognize that the desktop is actually turned on? I assume there's a threshold current needed in order to detect the computer as "on" in order to trigger power to the peripherals. You might contact them to see what the minimum needed is...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• What is the exact model? Example an515-55-58vh.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Mo030541

Tinkerer

edited June 2022
    If you mean the plug, it is Model Number DSK105EON
    Detection tool can't be downloaded securely.
    The PC is Acer Aspire K242 HYL
    S/No DTBGVEK*************
    Is there an alternative power down plug with surge protection?

Edited the content to hide sensitive information.

• Mo030541

Tinkerer

edited June 2022
    Pressed Post too early

If you mean the plug, it is Model Number DSK105EON
    Detection tool can't be downloaded securely.
    The PC is Acer Aspire S/No DTBGVEK00E 149017D 59600
    Monitor is Acer K242 HYL Hbi S/No MMTPBEE00*************
    Is there an alternative power down plug with surge protection?

Edited the content to hide sensitive information.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    I'm not positive, but I believe you have one of the TC-1660 models. It looks like the e-on gizmo turns off your peripherals when you shut down your desktop? I wonder if the new TC-1660 doesn't pull enough power for the e-on to recognize that the desktop is actually turned on? I assume there's a threshold current needed in order to detect the computer as "on" in order to trigger power to the peripherals. You might contact them to see what the minimum needed is...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Mo030541

Tinkerer

It seems that it is a power problem so I now have my PC, Monitor & Speakers all on one power strip. I switch the PC off and then flick a switch and they all go off until the next time. Thanks for the response Billsey, Maurice