Need help to access bios to turn off intel boost acer orion 3000

Options
bigchungus211212
bigchungus211212 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited June 2022 in Predator Desktops
I just bought the acer orion 3000 and my cpu temps are all over the place so I figure the best thing to do is get into my bios and turn off the intel boost like I did with my old pc turning off the ryzen precision boost and that made my cpu temps normal.

I turned off fast startup from the settings in windows and when my computer boots its just a black screen into the login screen for the desktop I've tried spamming F2, F11 F12 Del nothing is getting me into bios and I can't figure out what the hell I'm doing wrong.

Please help a brother out so I can game my cpu temp hit 93 just installing battle net so I don't think I should even attempt to play a game and just browsing the web has me jumping all over the place with the intel boost it ranges from 53 to 80

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Comments

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,032 Trailblazer
    edited June 2022
    Options
    I just bought the acer orion 3000 and my cpu temps are all over the place so I figure the best thing to do is get into my bios and turn off the intel boost like I did with my old pc turning off the ryzen precision boost and that made my cpu temps normal.

I turned off fast startup from the settings in windows and when my computer boots its just a black screen into the login screen for the desktop I've tried spamming F2, F11 F12 Del nothing is getting me into bios and I can't figure out what the hell I'm doing wrong.

Please help a brother out so I can game my cpu temp hit 93 just installing battle net so I don't think I should even attempt to play a game and just browsing the web has me jumping all over the place with the intel boost it ranges from 53 to 80
    To get into the bios do it through the OS, also and before you do that, reset the "startup from the settings in windows" : 
    1. Navigate to settings. You can get there by clicking the gear icon on the Start menu.
    2. Select Update & security.
    3. Select Recovery from the left menu.
    4. Click Restart Now under Advanced startup. The computer will reboot to a special menu.
    5. Click Troubleshoot.
    As trying to press F2, F11 F12 Del is not the way to get into bios, so do the above. The temps are also due to not having adequate cpu and overall case cooling for the games and stress that you push your Orion 3000 desktop to. Upgrade the cpu cooler to a NH-U9S chromax.black (that fits into this pc's spaces) or a good 240mm AIO water cooler (check your spaces also to fit these sorts of coolers) and also change the case fans to the more efficient OEM fans to the  Noctua NF-F12 PWM and repaste the cpiu/gpu with Thermal Grizzly  Conductonaut liquid metal thermal compound but with this compound "be very careful and follow the exact application instructions" as and if you apply too much of this compound, it can cause damage to your mobo beyond repair, as it shortens mobo circuitries because of its metal compound particles. Try all that as the Orion 3000 is a good gaming platform but, Acer didn't really tackle cooling to the max that is required and needed for a hard core gaming rig. 

• bigchungus211212
    bigchungus211212 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Hey thanks for the tips I've also tried doing that windows reboot to force bios but it did nothing it just brought me back to my windows like a regluar boot
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,032 Trailblazer
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Hey thanks for the tips I've also tried doing that windows reboot to force bios but it did nothing it just brought me back to my windows like a regluar boot
    Reset your windows "startup from the settings in windows" first as you should be able to get into the bios like I've described above, if not then reset the whole OS keeping all your files at System > Recovery as you must have caused some settings error within windows OS? For the system to not boot into the bios through windows. Try that as "turning off the intel boost" is not the way to go as your temps are due to all that I've described above and the Orion 3000 models are limited to their OEM cooling components that Acer fits to these desktops due to restricted budgets and retail prices and to be competitive and they cant fit top notch components as is required to paly extreme and hard core games for either the case fans, cpu cooling (the OEM cpu cooler is very ordinary size and quality) and gpu cooling is also restricted by the case flow of air (btw you can also improve gpu cooling with water block coolers, which is pretty expensive if you want to go to that level?) when you stress and play hard core games that require high grade comonnets and exceptional cooling for all components to work at their peak performance. .

Especially look at your ram and fit the best suitable speed/timing ram (run the Crucial System Scan for best ram kits and max ram that this desktop can have) as running "Dual Channel" ram (2x 8GB or 2x 16GB type setups of ram) is essential for these systems to work at their peak performance when gaming. Also make sure that you have all the "Windows Updates" installed, the latest bios for your Orion 300 installed and Nvidia graphics drivers, install the RTX Experience > View Supported Games as the Nvidia games settings are the best for playing their massive range of supported games with their gpu's as their settings are tested for best gaming performance, as overvolting or undervaluing and/or doing any other settings will give you black screens and/or BSOD blue screens of death, my motto is "keep it simple and don't fix anything that aint broke" with your Orion 3000 as it will work perfectly.