Infinite beep coming from TC-865-ur15 Motherboard B36H4-AD

mjseetoo
mjseetoo Member Posts: 1 New User
I put in a 9th gen i7 into this motherboard and I am getting a long continuous beep. Does anyone know what this is?

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,928 Trailblazer
    mjseetoo said:
    I put in a 9th gen i7 into this motherboard and I am getting a long continuous beep. Does anyone know what this is?
    Is the desktop turning on at all and is usable but the beep continues on after booting into OS? Also have you upgraded the bios to the last version R01-C3? Also try and go to Advanced > PC Health Status and disable "Smart Fan" settings in bios as that could be causing this long beep as either your cpu or case fans are not compatible or the mobo pins are not populated hence the beeping sound warning.
    • Smart Fan (Enabled) This item enables or disables the smart fan speed by changing the Pulse Width Modulation(PWM) outputs. Press to return to the Advanced Menu page.

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,432 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    I'm gathering that you're stuck with the long beep ?? The only thing that I can think of is go back to the original after checking your work, carefully. Good Luck. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,700 Trailblazer
    edited June 2022
    First of all, what processor was in it before the upgrade? Specs say the TC-865 came with an 8th gen CPU (Coffee Lake S), so a 9th gen (Coffee Lake Refresh) will not work. It's always possible then Acer did a mid-year re-spin on that model with the 9th gen CPUs, but I don't see any indication that is the case. Second, a long uninterrupted beep normally is a memory failure and generated before POST starts. If you don't have your memory sticks fully seated or you have the wrong generation processor for your chipset you would get that symptom.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.