Acer Swift 3 SF315-52 - charging port broken

Verasin78
Verasin78 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited June 2022 in Swift and Spin Series
Is there a way I can replace/fix my Swift 3 charging port? Pretty sure the pin is broken

Best Answer

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,745 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @Verasin78 the DC port requires unsoldering to remove it. If you have some experience in it, you can get the port (in your country's PC repair store, online store, or aliexpress) and try to replace it by yourself. Or if not, bring it to a PC repair store and they will do it for you.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!

Answers

• Jeyam
    Jeyam Member Posts: 348 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi @ Verasin78

Expect to pay between $2 and $30 for a new charging port, depending on the model and whether you buy a standalone charging port or a flex cable/assembly (more on that below).

• Verasin78
    Thanks @Jeyam
    I'm not in the US and haven't been able to find a provider yet, so might not happen
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,745 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    @Verasin78 the DC port requires unsoldering to remove it. If you have some experience in it, you can get the port (in your country's PC repair store, online store, or aliexpress) and try to replace it by yourself. Or if not, bring it to a PC repair store and they will do it for you.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Verasin78
    Thank you for that thorough answer, @AnhEZ28 , that's very helpful.
    As I'm not experienced I'll take it to the store
    Have a nice one!