SSD Physical Damage

Options
Dkdl16
Dkdl16 Member Posts: 27 Troubleshooter
Hi Acer Fam, I want to ask if when I put pressure using my fingers on the processor/controller and NAND memory part of my M.2 SSD when putting my M.2 drive to its slot, does it harm my SSD physically?

Answers

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    If you used an antistatic wrist strap, no problem. Now, touching sensitive parts without proper protection against static energy can cause a problem. But this will not happen suddenly. Just be careful the next time you install an ssd: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Static_electricity

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Dkdl16
    edited June 2022
    Options
    If you used an antistatic wrist strap, no problem. Now, touching sensitive parts without proper protection against static energy can cause a problem. But this will not happen suddenly. Just be careful the next time you install an ssd: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Static_electricity

Thankyou for the response, but putting pressure while touching the ssd parts like the part where the processor/controller and NAND flash memory located in m.2 ssd cannot pressed the small parts inside it?
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,771 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Dkdl16 you should not put any hard pressure on any SSD parts because you could bend the board and break the NAND/flash connection. It is recommended to grab the SSD on the edge rather than push directly on it. 
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • Dkdl16
    Options
    AnhEZ28 said:
    @Dkdl16 you should not put any hard pressure on any SSD parts because you could bend the board and break the NAND/flash connection. It is recommended to grab the SSD on the edge rather than push directly on it. 
    @AnhEZ28 Is there any possible effects that I can notice if the NAND/flash connection break? When I push it except of bending the board is there any small parts affected inside the NAND/flash box or the controller box?
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,771 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Dkdl16 not really because that connection is difficult to see from the above. It will be fine if you did not bend it too hard. The SSD board is think enough to minimize the bending during the installation.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!