GPU low power consumption Predator Triton 300SE (PT314-51S).

Options
Beknur
Beknur Member Posts: 2 New User
edited June 2022 in Predator Laptops
Recently I bought Predator Triton 300SE (PT314-51S). Its graphics card (rtx3060) seems to not use all power. Acer specs say that power limit is 75W, nvidia's control panel says it's 90W. But in Warzone it uses only 60W and fps is way lower than it should be. Why? Reviewer from youtube faced same problem and says that I should update BIOS/Firmware drivers, after I did it, power consumption really rised up to 75W and fps was more than 100... for 10 seconds. After that consumption dropped again to average 60W. What could be causing problem?

(Thread was edited to add model name to the title)

Answers

• Jeyam
    Jeyam Member Posts: 348 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Hi @ Beknur

Your GPU usage is very low because you're using the integrated graphics, there's a driver issue, you have a CPU bottleneck, or the game you're playing isn't optimized. Possible fixes are reinstalling drivers, upgrading or overclocking your CPU, and adjusting certain game settings

• Beknur
    Beknur Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Jeyam said:

Hi @ Beknur

Your GPU usage is very low because you're using the integrated graphics, there's a driver issue, you have a CPU bottleneck, or the game you're playing isn't optimized. Possible fixes are reinstalling drivers, upgrading or overclocking your CPU, and adjusting certain game settings

I just checked GPU usage, it's used but not for full. Its load is only 60-70%. I reinstalled driver, updated chipset driver and I'm sure I don't have CPU bottleneck. Yes, seems like problem is in low gpu usage... I'm checking all ways to make usage full but they're not helping
  • AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,797 Pathfinder
    Options
    @Beknur try to open task manager, performance tab, Memory. If you just have 1 stick of RAM, you can consider adding another RAM stick to use the Dual Channel Memory, increase the GPU usage to ~90%, and 10% increase in performance.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • phytorsy
    phytorsy Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited September 2022
    Options

Hello did you find a solution to this problem? I have the same issue. @Beknur